St Mary’s College is launching a regional photography competition to celebrate the launch of Vantage North Humber Teacher Training (VNHTT).
Building on the long experience and involvement of St Mary’s College in Initial Teacher Education, VNHTT aims to train hundreds of primary and secondary teachers over the coming years. These teachers will play a vital role in educating the next generation of young people who will shape the future of our North Humber region.
The theme for our photography competition is "My region: my vantage point"
We are looking for eye-catching photos of the region north of the Humber, including Hull and the East Riding. Since our name and logo is inspired by the concept and map symbol for a vantage point, we want to know the vantage point from which your photograph was taken. Whether your image is a landscape or human interest, close-up or distance, realistic or abstract, we would like you to tell us about why the image appeals or is important to you.
£50 prizes to be won
The winning photographs will be professionally framed and will form a permanent exhibition on the walls of the new VNHTT office suite and conference room at St Mary’s College, Hull. The winning photographers will each receive a £50 gift voucher and an invitation to an exclusive viewing of the exhibition.
Any short-listed photographs judged to be highly-commended will appear on the gallery page of our new website www.vnhtt.org and each receive a £10 gift voucher.
Open to pupils, parents and staff of our partner schools
The competition is open to any pupils, staff or parents from any of the 85 local schools listed below. These schools have agreed to work with Vantage North Humber Teacher Training to provide placements, expertise and governance. Please see below for terms and conditions.
Good luck! Closing date: 5th November 2023
Keys information for entrants to the competition!
- Photographs must be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put 'Photo competition' in the subject bar of the email
- Images must have a maximum file size of 5MB. Do not reduce the image size or quality.
- Only 1 photo per entrant is permitted
- Include the following information in the body of the email:
- Your first name and surname
- Your home address, postcode and telephone number
- Your email address
- Which partner school you are connected to
- Whether you are a pupil, parent or staff member
- If you are a pupil, please tell us your age as well.
- The vantage point from which you took your photograph and why the image appeals or is important to you.
- You must have taken the photo yourself. You must not submit anything that someone else has taken!
- If you are under 18, you must have your parent / guardian's permission to enter this competition.
Pupils, Staff or Parents from any of these VNHTT partner schools can enter the competition.
St Cuthbert’s RC Academy Trust
St Anthony’s VC Academy, Hull
St Augustine’s RC Secondary, Scarborough
St Charles’ VC Academy, Hull
Endsleigh Holy Child VC Academy, Hull
St George’s VC Academy, Scarborough
St John of Beverley VC Academy, Beverley
St Mary’s College, Hull
St Mary’s VC Academy, Market Weighton
St Mary & St Joseph VC Academy, Pocklington
St Mary Queen of Martyrs VC Academy, Hull
Our Lady and St Peter VC Academy, Bridlington
St Peter’s VC Academy, Scarborough
St Thomas More VC Academy, Hull
St Richard’s VC Academy, Hull
St Vincent’s VC Academy, Hull
Hull Collaborative Academy Trust (HCAT)
Bellfield Primary, Hull
Collingwood Primary, Hull
Dorchester Primary School, Hull
Eastfield Primary School, Hull
Gilberdyke Primary School, Gilberdyke
Longhill Primary School, Hull
Malton Primary Academy, Malton
The Marvell College, Hull
Pearson Primary School, Hull
Stockwell Academy, Hull
Sutton Park Primary School, Hull
Thoresby Primary School, Hull
Wansbeck Primary School, Hull
Westcott Primary School, Hull
Wheeler Primary School, Hull
Withernsea Primary School, Withernsea
Humber Education Trust (HET)
Adelaide Primary School, Hull
Broadacre Primary School, Hull
Bude Park Primary School, Hull
Bursar Primary School, Cleethorpes
Cambridge Park Academy, Grimsby
Christopher Pickering Primary School, Hull
Clifton Primary School, Hull
Frederick Holmes School, Hull
Ganton School, Hull
Highlands Primary School, Hull
Kingswood Parks Primary School, Hull
Maybury Primary School, Hull
Neasden Primary School, Hull
Parkstone Primary School, Hull
St Nicholas Primary School, Hull
Tweendykes School, Hull
Woodland Primary School, Hull
Croxby Primary School, Hull
Cottingham High School and Sixth Form college, Cottingham
Hessle High School and Sixth Form college, Hessle
Holderness Academy and Sixth Form college, Preston, Hull
Howden School, Howden
Keyingham Primary School, Keyingham
Penhurst Primary School, Hessle
The Consortium Sixth Form College
Winifred Holtby Academy, Hull
Wolfreton School and Sixth Form College, Willerby
Bridgeview Special School, Hull
Euler Academy, Hull
Griffin Primary, Hull
Mountbatten Primary, Hull
The Sullivan Centre, Hull
Venn Boulevard Centre, Hull
Thorpepark Academy, Hull
Whitehouse Pupil Referral Unit, Hull
The Boulevard Nursery, Hull
Brooke Primary Academy, Doncaster
Marshland Primary Academy, Doncaster
New Pastures Primary School, Mexborough
Brompton Hall School, Brompton-on-Sawdon, Scarborough
Thrive Cooperative Learning Trust
Chiltern Primary School, Hull
Ings Primary School, Hull
Kelvin Hall School, Hull
Newland School for Girls, Hull
Oldfleet Primary School, Hull
Priory Primary School, Hull
Sidmouth Primary School, Hull
Stepney Primary School, Hull
St George's Primary School, Hull
The Boulevard Academy, Hull
Hornsea School, Hornsea
Oakfield Academy, Hull
Northcott Special School, Hull
The legal stuff!
- You agree that if you are a winner or highly-commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on this website.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for submissions is 5th November 2023. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- Your entry must be submitted digitally by email to email@example.com - No other forms of entry will be accepted.
- By submitting an image to the VNHTT Photography Competition, you are confirming that..
- You are the sole author and the photo is your original work: you own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of the image
- You have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by VNHTT and will indemnify VNHTT against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- You have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by VNHTT
- You have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by VNHTT and will indemnify VNHTT against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement
- VNHTT has permission to use the image on this website and in its social media as long as full credit is given to the image owner.
- If you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on this website.
- Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file. Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
- Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that obviously breaks the law or if it has been taken in an irresponsible way.
- VNHTT reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason
- A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition.
- The judging panel will be made up of selected VNHTT staff and volunteers. Judges will assess entries to establish pupil and adult category winners and highly-commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winners.
- The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- The organisers may also share highly-commended photographs across their social media channels and ask followers to vote on their favourite to help aid the judge’s decisions.
- Judges will choose the winners and highly-commended photographers from the pupil and adult categories. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery.
- The overall winners will be announced in November.
- By entering the competition, you grant VNHTT a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives.
- Indemnity and Limitation of Liability - To the maximum extent permitted by law, VNHTT excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize.
- You agree to indemnify VNHTT and keep VNHTT indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by VNHTT as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party
- .The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but VNHTT reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
- You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on the vnhtt.org website
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
- There will be up to six overall winners, who will be announced by VNHTT in November. These winners will receive £50 vouchers and have their photographs framed and mounted on the walls of the VNHTT office suite.
- Highly-commended entries will be sent a £10 voucher and have their image displayed on the vnhtt.org website.
- VNHTT will contact the winners directly by email to organise the prize delivery. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- The competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You and VNHTT irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter or to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions and that accordingly any proceedings may be brought in such courts.